Spotify web player is a pretty easy solution for whom that they want to listen to music on Spotify without having the Spotify app on their device. Web player is a platform that lets music lovers stream music without downloading and installing the application on their devices.
I was searching about web player on the internet and I found out interesting information. web player has some pros and cons, like any other platform on the web.
First, you need to have access to the internet for using it so if you want to use Spotify web, forget about offline music streaming.
On the other hand, you can have access to your own account on this platform which means you can get access to your own playlists, saved songs, videos and any other content by logging into your account on Spotify web player. If you want to know more about the Spotify web player and its features, read this article, I am sure it would be helpful.
Here you will find how to:
- Play Music on Spotify Web
- Manage Your Playlists with Web Player
- Create playlists and folders with web player
- Delete playlists and folders through Spotify web player
- Adding and Removing Tracks from Playlists with Web Player
- How to Delete a Track from Your Playlist
- Edit Your Profile Using a Web Player
- How to Edit your Profile Picture and Name
- How to Manage your Followers and Followings
- Should I Use the Spotify app or Web Player?
- Spotify Web Player Lyrics
- Spotify web player control with lyrics
- Spotify Web Player Lyrics not Showing
- What If Spotify Web Player doesn’t Work?
How to Play Music on Spotify Web.
Playing music on Web Player is easy as ABC. You can use Spotify web on any type of device that has access to the internet. You can use your PC, Mac, iOS phone and tablet, android devices, etc. Follow the instructions below to start streaming on it:
- Go to Spotify web on your browser.
- Click on the LOG IN button. It is located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- If you have not created a Spotify account yet, click on the SIGN UP button. It is by LOG IN button.
- Log into your Spotify account.
- Once you log into your account, you will see all your playlists and music that have saved them using the Spotify app on your device.
- Now you can use the Spotify Web in a way that you use Spotify app. There is no difference between streaming music on Spotify web and Spotify app.
Look at the instructional pictures below. I have numbered them step-by-step:
How to Manage Your Playlists with Spotify Web Player?
You can manage your Spotify Playlists on the Spotify web player by creating new ones, deleting the old ones, adding and removing tracks from your playlists, changing the Spotify playlist name and the Spotify playlist picture , and creating and deleting your folders.
Creating Playlists and Folders with Web Player:
First, you need to visit the Spotify website and log into your Spotify account, then follow the steps below to make playlists and folders through Spotify web:
- Right click on one your current playlists.
- A menu will be shown containing Create playlist and Create folder options.
- Choose your desire option and click on it.
- To edit the name and image of your playlist and folder, right click on them and choose the Edit details or Rename option from the menu.
Deleting Playlists and Folders Through Spotify Web Player:
You can delete any playlist and folder by
1- Right-clicking on them.
2- Choosing the Delete option from the drop-down menu.
Adding and Removing Songs from Playlists with Web Player:
You can easily add tracks to your playlists by
1- Clicking on them.
2- Select the Add to playlist option.
A new drop-down menu will be shown containing your current playlists and an option to create a new playlist.
3- Click on your preferred option to add the track to a playlist.
In order to Delete a Track from Your Playlist:
- Go to the playlist you want to manage.
- Choose the track you want to remove from your list.
- Right click on it. You will see a menu.
- Click on the Remove from this playlist option from the menu.
You can also:
- Go to the playlist you want to manage.
- Choose the track you want to remove from your list.
- By each track on Spotify web there is a horizontal three-dot sign. Click on it.
- A menu will open.
- Choose the Remove from this playlist option in the menu.
How to Edit Your Profile Using Web Player:
So far, we have found that many things can be done with the web player. Now some of you may be wondering if you can edit your profile with a Spotify web player. Good news…YES! You can easily edit your profile without having the Spotify app on your device, through the Spotify web player. You are able to change your profile picture and name. Also, you can see your followers and followings and manage them using the web player. Let’s go to the instructions:
To Edit your Profile Picture and Name:
- Go to Spotify website.
- Log into your Spotify account. If you do not have an account, you need to sign up first.
- In the top-right corner of the window find your name and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on the Profile option.
- You will be directed to your profile page.
- Under your profile picture there is a horizontal three-dot sign. Click on the sign.
- You will see a drop-down menu containing the Edit profile option. Click on the option.
- A small window will open where you can edit your picture and name.
- At the end click on the SAVE button at the bottom-right of the small window to save your profile changes.
I provided some instructional pictures and numbered them step-by-step to help you understand the procedure better:
How to Manage your Followers and Followings:
You can see who is following you, who you are following, and manage them using the web player. See the steps below to learn how to do it:
- Visit Spotify.
- Log into your Spotify account. If you do not have an account, you need to make one first.
- In the top-right corner of the screen find your name and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will be shown.
- Click on the Profile option.
- You will go to your profile page.
- Scroll the page to see the Following and Followers sections.
- By right clicking on the name or picture of your followings and followers, a drop-down list will be shown.
- If you want to unfollow them, click on the Unfollow option in the list.
Should I Use the Spotify app or Web Player?
|Spotify App||Spotify Web Payer|
|See Friend activity||Possible||Impossible|
|Audio quality free user||160 kbps||128 kbps|
|Audio quality premium user||320 kbps||256 kbps|
|Controlling on playing media||Good||Weak|
|Remove Track from Playlist||Yes||Yes|
|Manage followers and following||Yes||Yes|
|Music on Queue||Yes||Yes|
|Connect to other device||Yes||Yes|
|Lyrics of music||accessible||accessible|
- Spotify web player give you this chance to access to your Spotify account in different browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Opera and you don’t need to install Spotify app on your device.
- You can manage your playlists on Spotify web player by adding or removing playlists,.
- You can also add or remove tracks from the playlist.
- You can edit your profile by modifying your pic and name on your PC,
- You can manage your followers and following.
But by using web player you will lose some opportunities compare to desktop app that we will to talk about them.
6 Disadvantages of Spotify Web Player Compare to Desktop App:
Earlier we only talked about the interesting features we can do on the web player. As I was searching about the web player, I found out that there are some features that we are not able to do using the Spotify web player which I decided to share some of them here:
One of the features you can use on the Spotify desktop app is the friend activity. You can see what your friends are listening to or listened to on Spotify recently. This feature helps you to find new music on Spotify and get familiar with your friends’ music tastes. But the problem is that you cannot see the friend activity on the web player. I could not find any news about adding this feature to the Spoify web player, but I hope that Spotify will make this interesting feature available on Spotify web player soon.
The other thing that you cannot have access to on the Spotify web player is settings. In Spotify’s settings section, you can manage lots of things such as music quality, language, explicit content, and some other things, though you are not able to manage these features and options with Spotify web player.
You already know that your friends on Spotify can see what you are listening to, as you can do that too. You may think that what can I do if I do not want my friends to find out about my music taste or what podcast I am listening to. The answer is simple. You can switch on the secret session or private session on your Spotify app. But unfortunately, Spotify has not made this feature available on the Spotify web player yet.
Lower Bitrate Compare to Desktop App
The Web Player streams audio files at a lower bitrate than the desktop app.
|Free Plan||Premium Plan|
|Desktop App||160 kbps||320 kbps|
|Web Player||128 kbps||256 kbps|
Weaker Control on Account Compare to Desktop App
Compare to desktop app Spotify web player have a limited option in the left side bar for you:
In the desktop app you have Browse section and on that option you can find Genres and mood – Podcasts – Charts – New releases – Discover – Concerts tabs
You can also have Radio option in the left sidebar.
Spotify Web player have limited option for you in the side bar compare to desktop app.
Premium Users Can not Download Music
Those who subscribe to Spotify Premium cannot download tracks for offline listening and cannot access Spotify when offline.
Spotify Web Player Lyrics
If you like to see the lyrics of your desired song you can easily find it in Spotify web player for that you should follow these steps:
1- Choose your desired song and play it.
2- On right bottom side of your screen click on the small microphone.
Now you can see the lyric of the song which you played on the screen.
Spotify web player control with lyrics
If you like to control Spotify web player by lyrics after activate the lyric of your song on the web player, you can easily choose each part of your song on the screen and listen to the music from that part.
Spotify Web Player Lyrics not Showing
If you are using Spotify and you can not see the lyric of your desired song:
1- The first thing that you should check is if the artist which produce that song upload the lyric on the app or not, for that you can ask your friends to check it or try to open that song and if in other device that song has lyric, you should follow the next step.
2- Close the Spotify app and hold your finger on the Spotify icon on your mobile screen and choose “App Info”.
3- Click on the “Storage Usage”.
4- Click on the “Clear Data”.
5- Login to your Spotify app again and try to find the lyric of your desired song.
6- If you can not solve the problem we recommend to reinstall the app.
What If Spotify Web Player is Not Working?
As I was getting familiar with the Spotify web player, suddenly my browser did not load the Spotify web player website and I wondered why. The first thing that came to my mind was that this is Spotify’s web problem. But it was not. I searched about this problem and understood that there must be something wrong with my browser. If you have the same problem, try these tips to make the Spotify web player work again:
– Make Sure You Have Internet Connection.
The first thing that I recommend you to check is your internet connection, for that you can open other website in your browser or if you use PC or Laptop you can follow these steps:
1- On the left bottom of your screen click on the Windows icon.
2- Select Network & Internet.
3- Click on the Status and check your internet connection status.
How to Solve
- Change your WIFI connection.
- Restart modem or router.
- Restart your computer.
- Restart your web browser.
- Contact your ISP if you can not solve your problem by that.
Make Sure Spotify Web Site Work Correctly
After checking your internet connection, the other step is making sure that spotify website is not down, for that you should follow these steps:
1- Go to the Downdetector website and write Spotify in the search box.
2- If you face with this answer you can click on the Companies and find spotify in the list.
3- Scroll down and find Spotify and click on it.
4- Here you can see if Spotify website work correctly or not.
– Open Song in Incognito or Private Tab.
In some rare situation you can solve your problem by using incognito tab on the browser for that you should follow these steps:
1- Copy the song link on the Spotify web player.
2- On the right top side of the page click on the 3 vertical dots and then click on the “New Incognito windows” or hold ” Ctrl + Shift + N ” to open incognito windows in chrome. if you like to open incognito windows in Firefox you should hold ” Ctrl + Shift + P “.
3- Paste the link in incognito or private tab and try to open the song there.
– Enable Protected Content in Your Browser.
In some case you may see this message: “Playback of protected content is not enabled”. In this case you should enable protected content on your browser.
For Enabling the protected content in your browser you should follow these steps:
1- Click on the Settings.
2- Click on the Privacy and security.
3- Click on the Site settings.
4- Scroll down and click on the “Protected content IDs“.
5- Here you should allow sites to play protected content, in some version you may see “allow site play protected content” and for those situation you should tick the command, but here we should uncheck the box.
1- Open the menu and click on the Settings.
2- Search DRM in the search bar and enable it.
– Bad Cashes on Your PC
For cleaning bad cashes you should follow these steps:
1- Run Cmd as an administrator.
2- Write these command one by one and hit Enter key.
- Ipconfig /release
- Ipconfig /flushdns
- Ipconfig /renew
3- Restart your web browser.
– Clear Your Browser’s Cookies and Caches.
For clearing browsing data you should follow these steps in chrome in other browsers you should follow the same process:
1- on the top right of the browser click on the 3 vertical dots.
2- Click on the History.
3- On the panel which will be open choose History again.
4- On the left side bar click on the “Clear browsing data”.
5- Click on the “Time range” and choose “All time”.
6- Check all options for clearing history.
7- Click on the Clear data.
NOTE: For Firefox you should follow this path:
Option> Privacy and Security section > Clear Data
8- Close your browser and restart your PC.
– Update Your Browser to the Latest Version.
Note: I recommend you to save all the important tabs before updating your browser.
For updating your browser you should follow these steps:
1- Click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right side of browser.
2- Click on the Help.
3- Click on the ” About Google Chrome”.
4- If there is any update chrome automatically start to download it.
5- When download complete you should click on the “Relaunch” key.
6- After that Chrome will automatically close and will install the update.
– Change Your Browser and Use a Different one.
In some rare situation your browser don’t support Spotify for that you can try other browser.
– Change Your Country
You may solve your problem by changing your country on spotify webplayer, for that you should follow these steps:
1- Login to your account and click on the Account.
2- Click on the Edit Profile and then change your country and click on “Save profile”.
– Firewall of Your Computer Restrict Web Player.
You should first announce that this method exposes your computer to the risk of virus attacks through the Internet or copied files. In this case, if the problem of not connecting to the web player was from this part, return it to its previous state after listening to the music.
1- In the Search bar of your computer write Control Panel and open it.
2- Click on the System and security.
3- Click on the Windows defender firewall.
4- On the left side bar click on the “Turn windows Defender firewall on or off”.
5- Toggle off the firewall for required network and then Restart your computer.
How to Unblock Spotify Web Player?
Spotify is accessible in 184 countries but unfortunately Spotify deprived music lovers in 11 countries like China, Russia, Pakistan.
For this problem we have a solution for music lovers in these countries to unblock Spotify.
For unblocking Spotify we recommend you to do these steps:
- At first when you are singing up on Spotify, you should choose the country which Spotify provide service on it and also you should pay attention that country exist in the country list in your vpn.
- After singing up every time that you want to login to your account on Spotify, you should choose VPN to change your IP address, for that you can use different kind of VPN like:
- NORD VPN
- Choose the country which you chose when you were singing up in your VPN app.
- Open your desired browser and go to Spotify web player.
- Its better to check your location in the Spotify web player, For that
you should go to the setting and check location and choose your country on the list.
How to Unblock Spotify Web Player Free?
If you want to unblock Spotify and you are looking for free solution we recommend you to use these steps:
For unblocking Spotify, you need VPN and for that you have to pay money, but if you use Chrome browser you can use VPN for free. For that, I recommend ZenMate VPN. The steps for using it are as follows:
1- On the top right of the chrome browser click on the 3 vertical dots.
2- Click on the More tools.
3- Click on the Extentions.
4- On the left top side of the screen click on the 3 horizontal line.
5- Click on the “Open chrome web store”.
6- In the search bar write “Zenmate”.
7- Click on the “Free VPN ZenMate – Best VPN for Chrome”.
8- Click on the Add to chrome.
9- Click on the Add extention.
10- Now you can click on the Zenmate icon and activate VPN and enjoy using Spotify web player free.
The Spotify web player enables you to listen to music through your web browser, so you don’t need to install a Spotify app.
Moreover, you can manage your playlists on Spotify web player by adding or removing playlists, and you can also add or remove tracks from the playlist.
Your Spotify web player gives you this chance to edit your profile by modifying your pic and name on your PC, you can also use it to manage your followers and following.
Although you get many benefits from the Spotify web there are a few downsides like you cannot see your friends’ activities, and both of your settings and Secret sessions are closed off.